Friday, January 22, 2016

An Early Arrival

     My clothes were sprayed, all my suitcases packed to MAXIMUM capacity, I was ready to go. My flight from Chicago saved a couple hundred dollars at the cost of finding a ride, which I did. Traffic was merciful & the flights were on time-ish. At least, I did not miss any connections. My arrival was three days before our team gathers in Tegucigalpa, the Capital of Honduras.
     While I have been here, as the remaining team members engage in final preparations, I have done some normal things. Things like; drinking coffee in the mall, shopping for things forgotten, finding a movie you both want to see (at a time that is convenient), returning to a favorite Chinese restaurant. I have also watched a friend cook with the goal of recreating food at home. But, the thing I have most enjoyed doing is visiting with my friends here. Even if by 'visiting', I mean 6 or 7 of us sitting in a dark room eating popcorn & watching a rented dvd or a silent cab ride for 2 across the city.
     Each moment here has been an unforgettable Blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment