Sunday, January 24, 2016

Gathering of the brigade

     Well, the rest of the week 1 team has arrived. A missing crew member and fuel mix up fouled our lunch plans. That is why the most basic skill we bring on mission is FELXIBILITY.  We do not always need it but are always glad to have it.
     My day was less eventful than some. After making pancakes for my hosts here in Tegucigalpa, we loaded the luggage & took off to run errands. As I got an in-depth tour of the city, we talked of politics, family, education & relaxation. We ate THE BEST PUPUSAS I have ever had. (If you know me, you know this is what I look for while I'm here; great food!)  My friends showed me a park only a few blocks from the mission house that overlooks a nice section of the city. After that it was, unfortunately, time to say "Hasta luego", goodbye for now to my friends.
     Rather than having time to be sad, I was pulled into a different group of friends. Six of the team were already at the house!! I had expected them to be waiting at the airport for the delayed plane. We caught up with news and happenings as the optical team prepped for the weeks ahead. As hard as we worked to get ready, as much as we saw each other in December & early January; for many of us it had been 2 weeks since seeing one another.
    The last of the team arrived and was pulled into the scrum. Conversation died out in favor of rest, for some. Others gravitated toward their devices. Song books were distributed by our wise praise master. We sang, we prayed, we discussed itinerary issues. Then we ate!!
   The last bit of the day was quickly over. A short ride to the B&B for the night. (The mission house has a team in residence for one last night.) A distribution of keys, luggage & wifi password is all that was left. Ready to begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment