Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Learning patience from the Honduran people. Oh and I'm a tv star

Today the optical team were paid a visit from a local Honduran news channel who wanted to talk to us about the work we do and what we do to help the Honduran people. Of all the people to get put on the spot for a tv interview, I was not one of them but I got thrown into the lions den and now I'm a tv star in Honduras. It was pretty cool to be able to talk in a larger format of the things we do and spread the word of God. What a blessing. Even if I didn't enjoy being interviewed. 

We as Americans can learn a lot about patience and gratitude from the Honduran people. It always amazes me how long people are willing to wait and to wait patiently.  Often to get turned away at the end of the day because we ran out of time and told to come back tomorrow. They tell is God Bless you and see you tomorrow. They start showing up at 6am even though we don't see patients till 9! This kind of thing just wouldn't fly in the USA!  

Until tomorrow 
Blessings 

No comments:

Post a Comment